• (1) M18 FUEL™ Oscillating Multi-Tool (2836-20)(1) OPEN-LOK™ 1-3/8" HCS WOOD BLADE 1PK (49-25-1101)(1) Multi-Tool Sanding Pad (48-90-2000)(1) 3-1/2" 60 Grit Triangle Sandpaper(1) 3-1/2" 80 Grit Triangle Sandpaper(1) 3-1/2" 120 Grit Triangle Sandpaper(1) 3-1/2" 240 Grit Triangle Sandpaper
• Fastest Cuts, Power for Demolition, Lowest Full Tool Vibration
• 4.2 Degree Oscillation Angle with 10,000-20,000 OPM Cut Speed
• Part of the M18™ System, with over 200+ Cordless Solutions
• POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor: Purposely built for the M18 FUEL™ Oscillating Multi-Tool combined with 10,000 to 20,000 OPM delivers fastest speed of cut
• REDLINK PLUS™ Intelligence: Most advanced system of electronics in the industry, enabling communication between batteries and tools, allowing for unmatched levels of performance, protection, and compatibility.
• REDLITHIUM™ Battery Pack: Superior pack construction, electronics, and performance deliver more work per charge and more work over pack lifespan than any battery on the market.
• Variable Speed Dial to Allow Users to Adjust the Speed to the Application
• Auto-Load Feature to allow the user to start slowly when making precise cuts, and automatically ramp up to the highest speed once under load, to provide unmatched productivity
• 180 Degree Span LED Light for better Visibility in Low-Light Situations
• Oscillation Angle: 4.2 Degrees for Fastest Cutting
• Vibration Dampening Technology for Lowest Full Tool Vibration
The MILWAUKEE® M18 FUEL™ Oscillating Multi-Tool generates the fastest cuts, the power for demolition, and the lowest full tool vibration. The POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor delivers 10,000 to 20,000 OPM with an aggressive 4.2-degree oscillation angle to deliver the fastest cuts over the competition. The cordless multi-tool also delivers the power to complete many demanding applications with ease, such as large cuts through hardwoods and nail embedded wood, pushing the limits of what a multipurpose oscillating tool can do. Vibration dampening technology delivers the lowest full tool vibration, making cuts more comfortably with less fatigue. REDLINK PLUS™ Intelligence achieves unmatched levels of performance, protection, and compatibility. The M18™ REDLITHIUM™ XC5.0 battery (not included) delivers more work per charge than competitive batteries on the market when used with the multitool. The M18 FUEL™ Oscillating Multi-Tool has a 10-Setting Dial with an additional Auto-Load Feature, allowing users to adjust the speed to the application. An integrated 180-degree LED light provides maximum visibility in low-light situations.
Why the heck is this tool priced at $229 while the Hackzall is $100 less WITH a 2.0 battery?
I use my multi-tool multiple times a day. It seems like a great upgrade from the previous m18 model. Though I do have an issue that someone else just posted about. My batteries are lose while clipped in. Ive tried 3 new batteries and 2 old ones and the tool won't hold the battery tight amd theres a big wobble that makes a noise almost as loud as the tool itself. I will exchange the tool soon to see if I got a bad fitting one and report back if the same issue is there. Other then that it's my new favorite tool I own. The best feature is the 3 led lights, it gives much more light then the other models which one have one and is the main reason while I got this over the m12.
I’ve only had one little problem and it’s a little annoying, the battery slot is loose so the battery shakes as you use the tool, not a fan of that part, but other than that It’s amazing. Help Milwaukee?
I was hesitant about spending the money on this tool as i have the older non brushed version that has been doing the job, or so I thought.
Naturally the first thing I did with this brushless version was to turn it on and see if it really was as smooth as the claims.........I can honestly say that it's very smooth, and with the same blade on both multi tools this new version really does cut faster......not a little faster, but a whole lot faster.
The A setting is remarkable.........does exactly as advertised.
The magnets that hold the blade during blade changes made an already easy to change system even easier. The weight, size and comfort of this design make it a joy to use.I tried my 3.0 thru 8.0 batteries and it just feels balanced.
So with that said, it's not just another purty face in the tool lineup, it gets right down to doing it's job.
Money well spent in my opinion.
Thx again Milwaukee
Had a gutter hanging off our 115-year old farm house way up on the 2nd story roof after a storm with soffit attached and in a very precarious spot. I purchased the previous model Milwaukee oscillating tool (2626-20) to help with the job, thinking it might help me cut nail heads off the soffit quickly while up on the ladder.
When I came home, before using it, I went to watch some videos of it in action and saw this model had just come out, with all of its new features. So back to the big-box store I went, after calling first to make sure they actually eyeballed one in stock, and swapped them out.
I was absolutely thrilled and amazed at how handy this tool is!
Using a carbide blade, I used it to zip 15-16 nail heads off the old soffit in literally seconds apiece, trim off a section of rotten wood, cut a new board to fit in the space, and cut out a long piece of sheet metal to use in the repair of the slate roof in that area as well.
All while up on a ladder with a buddy hooding it for safety. I could not have done it without this tool, for there was no crazy wiggling of the ladder while I struggled with all of the above. It allowed me to stay in one place and work, then move the ladder to the next area and repeat until the job was finished.
I love my new new 2836 M18 Oscillating tool. This is going to be very handy here on the farm, and is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Next up, scraping old paint!