• (1) 2872-20 M18™ Brushless Threaded Rod Cutter
• (1) 48-44-2872 Upper & Lower Cutting Dies
• (1) Allen Key
• (1) 48-11-1820 M18™ REDLITHIUM™ CP2.0 Battery
• (1) 48-59-1812 M18™ & M12™ Multi-Voltage Charger
• (1) Carrying Case
• Improved Cutting, No Chips or Sparks
• Cuts 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" Mild Steel, 1/4" & 3/8" Stainless Steel, Coarse Threaded Rod
• Brushless Motor provides more power, more run-time, and longer life.
• Flat Horizontal Position for Benchtop Use
• Clearest Line of Sight While Making Overhead Cuts
• 1-1/2" Trim Length Delivers Even, Uniform Cuts Every Time
• Auto Jaw Opening for Fast, Repetitive Cuts
• Four Sided Rotatable Cutting Dies Allow You to Cut Three Different Sizes of Threaded Rod with the Same Tool
• Reverse Button for Unintended Cuts
• LED Light Illuminates Cut Area
• Easy Die Changes Using Allen Key Stored On Tool
• Delivers 400+ Cuts on 3/8" Mild Steel Per Charge with a M18™ 2.0Ah Battery
• Length: 11.19"
• Height: 6.3"
• Width: 5.6"
• Weight: 8.7
The MILWAUKEE® M18™ Brushless Threaded Rod Cutter Kit is a dedicated solution for cutting the most common threaded rod sizes on the job site, including coarse 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" mild steel to 1/4" and 3/8" stainless steel. The cordless threaded rod cutter is powered by a brushless motor and delivers 400+ cuts while powered by an M18™ REDLITHIUM™ 2.0Ah Battery. The four-sided cutting dies allow users to cut multiple sizes of threaded rod on one tool by simply rotating the dies. The all thread cutter has the clearest line of sight and delivers clean, burr-free cuts allowing nuts to be threaded on by hand without having to file down the ends. The rod cutter features optimized blade geometry and cut speed to prevent chips and sparks while cutting. It has auto jaw opening allowing fast, repetitive cuts while a reverse button helps prevent unintended cuts. Its centered grip provides the best balance for one-handed overhead trims, while the flat horizontal design provides users with a stable surface for benchtop cuts. The Milwaukee Threaded Rod Cutter kit includes one M18™ REDLITHIUM™ 2.0Ah Battery, a multi-voltage charger, and a carrying case.
Milwaukee 2872-21 M18 Brushless Threaded Rod Cutter Kit
Cuts 3/8" just fine, for those of you who don't know how to measure- 3/8 is smaller than 1/2!!! This tool was not made to cut half inch rod so I'm not surprised you're having issues! I hope your work is better than your attention to detail.
this tool could be great if it did what they say it did. Got for a job that had a lot of 3/8 rod and it worked well, soon as i figured out the best way to hold the tool/ rod to get the cleanest cut. No complaints. A few days ago had a few pieces of
1/2 rod to cut and figured I'd show off my new cool tool to a few buddies. Boy did i look like a fool! Wouldn't even put a mark in 1/2 rod..... i have a lot of red tools and all of them except for this one have been great. Hopefully milwaukee will step up and fix the issue, or at least not make false claims.